1. Conformity to fact or reality; exact accordance with that which is, or has been, or shall be. The truth of history constitutes its whole value. We rely on the truth of the scriptural prophecies.
My mouth shall speak truth Proverbs 8:7.
Sanctify them through thy truth; thy word is truth John 17:17.
2. True state of facts or things. The duty of a court of justice is to discover the truth Witnesses are sworn to declare the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth
3. Conformity of words to thoughts, which is called moral truth
Shall truth fail to keep her word?
4. Veracity; purity from falsehood; practice of speaking truth; habitual disposition to speak truth; as when we say, a man is a man of truth
5. Correct opinion.
6. Fidelity; constancy.
The thoughts of past pleasure and truth
7. Honesty; virtue.
It must appear
That malice bears down truth
8. Exactness; conformity to rule.
Plows, to go true, depend much on the truth of the iron work. [Not in use.]
9. Real fact of just principle; real state of things. There are innumerable truths with which we are not acquainted.
God is a spirit, and they that worship him must worship in spirit and in truth John 4:23.
11. The truth of God, is his veracity and faithfulness. Psalms 71:22.
Or his revealed will.
I have walked in thy truth Psalms 26:3.
12. Jesus Christ is called the truth John 14.
13. It is sometimes used by way of concession.
She said, truth Lord; yet the dogs eat of the crums-- Matthew 15:27.
That is, it is a truth; what you have said, I admit to be true.
In truth in reality; in fact.
Of a truth in reality; certainly.
To do truth is to practice what God commands. John 3.
Do Not Grieve the Spirit
25 Therefore, putting away lying, “Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,”[e] for we are members of one another.
Truth is the foundation of everything that has been created. Let truth be also the foundation of all your works (both inward and outward), and especially the foundation of your prayers. Let all your life, all your works, all your thoughts, and all your desires be founded upon truth. St. John of Kronstadt
IN WRESTLING YOU HAVE MANY OPPONENTS BUT THE TOUGHEST OPPONENT YOU WILL FACE IS YOURSELF